I Lost My Mom When I was 14




My dear friend Mary is one of the kindest, most generous people I know. She would give the shirt off her back to anyone who needed it. Mary has had a very hard life beginning at the age of 14 when she lost her mom. Shortly thereafter she lost her father, Aunt and older sister. Many people would become angry and bitter at God for so many losses at such a young age but Mary is all love and compassion for others. She loves the Lord with all her heart. Butterflies hold a very special meaning for her. Before she passed away, her mother told her that every time she saw a butterfly, it would be a reminder of how much she loved her. Here is Mary's story.
 
Tell me about your mom

My mommy was the kindest, hard working mom. She was so funny and always left everyone she met with a smile on their face. She was a daughter and friend and most important she was a mother. She work hard to make a home for me. She loved everyone and never spoke bad about anyone. She was the life of the party. She was gorgeous . She was so proud of me and proud to be my mom. My mom was a virtuous women.

How old were you and she when she died?

I was 14 years old


What was the thing you loved most about her?

My mommy was a fighter and I loved everything about her. She was constant and unchanging.  She was my hero. She was my whole world.


What were the circumstances that lead to their passing?
My mommy had a malignant brain tumor ( Cancer)


Please share how you dealt with this terrible tragedy especially in light of your relationship with the Lord.
At the time of her death I did not know the Lord.


People often don't know what to say or how to comfort someone who has lost someone dear to them.What advise would you give?
Sometimes silence is best, just be there, be a shoulder to cry on. Listen don't talk.


What are some of the best, most practically helpful/comforting things people in your life actually did for you that helped you?
I had no one but my moms sister (my Aunt) We just  loved each other through it. She was my hero after my mom passed.

Is there any specific advise you would offer to someone who is facing losing someone close to them, like a spouse, relative or child?
If the person  passing on is saved don't be sad be happy and rejoice for them. They are going to a much better place and you will see them again. If that person is lost share with them the truth let them know about Jesus. let them know Jesus died for them and he loves them very much.

Is there a specific bible verse that has come to mean a lot to you as a result of this painful experience?

Psalm 91


If you could spend one last day with them again, what would you most want to do and say to them?
Oh I have so much to say to my mom. I would not even know where to start. I would just hold her in my arms and tell her how much I love her and have missed her. I want to share with her my daughter, my home.  I would ask for advice for some many things. I would just fall down in awe to see my mom again.  I had a daughter and named her after my mom, she is nothing like my mom the opposite in fact.  I lost my best friend my everything when I lost my mom, a piece of me died with her. Not a day goes by that I don't think about  her and wish that my mom was here with me.



1 comment: