The Church in America


When I came to faith in Jesus Christ as 17 as a nonreligious Jew, it was because of a sense of obligation. Seeing how he suffered during the crucifixion scene in Jesus of Nazareth made me think “…if he can do that for me, the least I can do is to give Him my life!” and I did, without any real sense of personal sin or repentance.

I had barely begun to live my life at that age, and had, up to that time, basically been living a “clean” life.

The older I get, however, the more I realize that I am just as big a sinner to God as Hitler was. The sins I struggle with are different but no less egregious. In fact, Proverbs 6:16-19 lists the following sins which God seems to hate the most:

These six things the Lord hates, Yes, seven are an abomination to Him: 

A proud look,
A lying tongue,
Hands that shed innocent blood,
heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that are swift in running to evil,
A false witness who speaks lies,

And one who sows discord among brethren.

I would hazard to say that the above are probably the most common forms of sin that are most prevalent in the average church congregation.

PRIDE – the sin that made Lucifer fall and become the enemy of God and our souls. (“a high or inordinate opinion of one's own dignity, importance, merit, or superiority, whether as cherished in the mind or as displayed in bearing, conduct, etc.” I know I’m guilty of this – thinking I’m better than those who commit the more obvious “sins”. It’s a constant battle to fight this prideful thought process.  As humans we are always seeking ways to justify ourselves. None of us would fare well if we stood to give an account before the Lord God almighty were it not for the blood of Jesus cleansing us of our sins!

LIAR“a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood”. Jesus said: “You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.”

MURDER OF THE INNOCENT – what could be more innocent than a helpless unborn baby yet our society has stood by and allowed the wholesale slaughter of over 57 million babies since 1973 under the guise of “choice”? As long as we individually and as a society uphold “pro-choice” our hands are guilty of innocent blood.

WICKED/PLANS – "plans that are evil or morally bad in principle or practice; sinful; iniquitous"

Personally I think the last three go together to perfectly describe gossip mongers. I think it’s safe to say that gossip is one of the most prevalent, destructive and overlooked sins in the church. It destroys lives but it is hardly ever discussed from the pulpit. It would probably make too many people squirm.

I am as appalled by the Supreme Court’s decision about gay marriage now being the law of the land as anyone else. We should be fasting and praying for revival all right, just not for America but revival in THE CHURCH. The church in America has degraded to one of these mentioned in the Book of Revelation:

The Dead Church
“And to the angel of the church in Sardis write,

‘These things says He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars: “I know your works, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead. Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die, for I have not found your works perfect before God.[a] Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you. You[b] have a few names even in Sardis who have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with Me in white, for they are worthy. He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels. “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”

The Lukewarm Church

“And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write,

‘These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God: 15 “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. 16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot,[g] I will vomit you out of My mouth. 17 Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked— 18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. 19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent. 20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. 21 To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. 22 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”’

I want Jesus to always be my first love. I do not want to compromise. I want to enter through the narrow gate.

There is a chilling warning in the book of Revelation. Take a look at the first word in this list and think on it. Do you think it may apply specifically to us in His church who abandon Christ when it “gets too hard”? We may be called in America to suffer incredible persecution for our faith. Will we be cowards and compromise or will we be faithful?


But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

With The end of the Shemitah Year (and Year of Jubilee) in sight as of this September, the four blood moons and events occurring all over the world, have you personally given any serious thought to just HOW CLOSE we may be to the rapture and the Great Tribulation? I don’t want to be here for that horrific time of God’s judgment.  I don’t want to harbor any attitudes or exhibit lazy, cowardly behavior that would result in my being left behind should the rapture occur before the last 7 years. I want my lamp to be filled with oil!

I am not a prophet. I don’t have dreams or visions but the handwriting is on the wall, folks. The church needs to get on her knees and repent! No more wealth and health being the focus of sermons. No more focusing on having the best life on this earth. We are living on borrowed time...

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment