Do You Have a Deep, Heartfelt Wish?




        The stories in “Make a Wish" had a very innocent beginning.  A good friend of mine, Henry, who has been a quadriplegic since the age of 14 (and is now in his early 50s at the time of this writing), was really down in the dumps. He had been stood up for a fishing trip and because of his condition; he is subject to the schedules and whims of others. He wouldn’t get out of bed, wouldn’t do anything and his wife Vicki had given up trying to coax him. Henry and I had become good friends ever since Vicki reviewed my book, The Victor, on her blog.
        I had already spoken with Henry several times before this so I was distressed when I heard how low he was feeling. But what could I do? I lived on the west coast and he lived on the east coast. How could I possibly cheer him up? Then a light bulb went on over my head and I thought, “I can write him a story”…and that’s exactly what I did. I wrote “A Gift for Henry” in about one hour and then emailed it to them that night.  The first thing the next morning I checked my email to see what the response was.  Well…it was amazing!  Vicki had written me and told me that they had wept for 20 minutes after reading it. That it had truly been inspired of God because of the details I put in that I were not aware that were perfect for Henry.  Such as the smell of orange blossoms being his favorite, how he was always trying to wiggle his toes to see if they had started working and that all he wants to do when he gets to heaven is to run, run, run for the Lord.
        All of these stories were written as gifts for others either because I was inspired to do so or because they were requested.  Some are deeply emotional, heartfelt and inspirational while others are just fun.
        Each story is preceded by a brief paragraph which gives a little bio on the person for whom it was written and why.  Each person appears in their own story as the “star”.
        If you would like your own story, all you have to do is contact me via email and… “Make a Wish”!


Make a Wish is available in both paperback and Kindle edition and was just released as an audio book at:
Audible

Check out the reviews on Amazon, you will be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment