Buy a book, win $1,000 - Contest!!!!!



Here are the rules:

  1. For each purchase of The Victor paperback from me you will be entered into the contest once.
  2. If you refer a friend to buy this book (and they say you referred them in writing to me) your name will be entered once if they buy a book and their name will be entered once per book purchase.
  3. For every review that is posted on your own blog for The Victor  I will enter your name again. 
  4. For every review that is posted on Amazon for The Victor book you purchased I will enter your name again.
  5. I will use a high tech method of choosing: slips of paper in a fishbowl which I will post on this blog.
  6. When I hit the magic # of 2,000 books purchased by 12/15/12 I will draw a name to win the $1,000 in a cashier's check.
  7. Contest ends on 12/15/12.
  8. If the goal of 2,000 books is not reached by 12/15/12 I will not be able to give out the $1,000 prize. In either case the contest will end on 12/15/12.
  9. All books have to be pre-purchased through me (NOT AMAZON or any other source) so I know who bought what and who referred who. 
  10. I can accept checks, Paypal, credit or Visa cards.  
  11. The winner will be announced on the blog after being notified by email.
  12. I will keep a regular log of the contest progress.
  13. Wouldn't you like to have $1,000 in time for Christmas?
  14. It's a GREAT read. For ages 10 through adult, both genders.
  15. Tell all your friends and post this everywhere on social media. 
To contact me personally to purchase a personally autographed paperback copy, email me at thevictorbook@sbcglobal.net 
and put the words: PURCHASE THE VICTOR in the subject line

The Fishbowl is currently empty, let's get your name in there!
There will be smaller gifts along the way 
(Starbucks gift card, Pier One Gift Card) awarded randomly.


I will place orders for the book from the publisher in 100 increments as orders come in and ship them out to you as soon as they arrive. The cost per book is $13.99 (that is $3.00 off the cover price) + $3.00 for shipping and handling.




You can read reviews of The Victor here:

Here is just one from Cathy Bryant of Word Vessel Blogspot in her November 14, 2009 post:

"When Marlayne first contacted me about reviewing The Victor, I’m embarrassed to say I turned her down. I had already determined that I had to cut way back on book reviews in order to spend more time on my writing, and my July/August slate was already full.

But every once in a while, something about a book will resonate with me, and that’s exactly what happened in this instance. After receiving Marlayne’s interview and viewing the book trailer, I knew this was a book I had to read, so I contacted Marlayne for a review copy.

I’m sooooo glad I did. This book is not my usual read. In fact, I will even go so far to say that it’s unlike any other books I’ve seen in the inspirational market in recent years. It’s bigger and more profound. Timeless. Majestic.

Once I got into the story, I could NOT put the book down, and I read it through in one setting. With my crazy schedule, reading a book straight through is a rare event for me.

As Marlayne explained in her interview, the story is an allegory about Christ and His Bride. The prologue begins with Lucius (the antagonist–Satan) being expelled from the kingdom of Ellioth. This scene sets up the story for the rest of the book, and begins a whirlwind of activity that propels the reader for page after page.
Simply put, this is a love story about the greatest love story of all time. A story of epic proportions that reveals God’s great love for us.

Here are the things I especially loved about the book:

  • Biblically accurate (Lucius questions Eloth’s goodness and plants doubt; Lucius’ plan to woo the Bride of Christ; the betrayal of Eloth by Ardon and his wife; a faithful remnant)
  • Gorgeous cover!
  • Book design at each chapter beginning (lovely)
  • Character Names (Lucius for Satan, Eloth for God, Joshua for Jesus, Llyonesse for the Bride)
  • Great story world (Ellioth is the peaceable kingdom of God; Shiloh represents an earthly kingdom that belongs to Eloth and will be the future kingdom of his son, Joshua, but is taken over by the deception of Lucius.)
  • Beautiful language speaking ageless truth–here are some of my favorite snippets:

“Joshua beheld the utter ruination that had become his kingdom and wept.”
“There were some lone voices which contradicted his diatribes against the crown who tried to convince others that it was Lucan who was really to blame, but they became fewer in number each year and were persecuted as extremists and fanatics by the majority of those who had succumbed to Lucius’ relentless lies.”
“Their lives needn’t have come to this end: devoid of hope and empty; existing from one miserable day to the next. Had they been watchful, had they not succumbed to Lucius’ lies, it could have been so different. They were living in a hell of their own choosing.”
“Joshua listened to their screams in stony silence, his heart leaden with anguish. Nothing he might have said in his own defense would have mattered. Lucius had done his job well; they were convinced that he and his father were to blame for their misery and they were out for revenge.

This story will endure after many others are long forgotten. I would LOVE to see this book made into a movie! Thanks, Marlayne, for your patience in bringing this book to the public. I, for one, am so glad you didn’t give up.


1 comment: