The Rapture and Your Pets



When I first became a believer in Jesus and was reading my Bible for the first time, I remember being absolutely amazed, thrilled and in awe of the fact that Jesus not only had saved my soul but that He was actually coming back!  My first (and still to this day) continuing passion with regard to the Bible has always been Bible prophecy.  Not only was I amazed to discover that the Bible described my generation as the one in which Jesus would return (the generation that saw the rebirth of the nation of Israel in 1948) but that the book of Daniel had actually predicted several hundred years previous down to the very day that Israel's Messiah would declare himself to His people (what we know now as Palm Sunday) for the first time.

So every fall for the past several years I found myself watching, wondering and waiting; hoping that this year's fall feast of Rosh Hashana (which is predictive of the Rapture) will be the one where Jesus catches away "His Bride" the church...especially this year more so than any other.

I follow Bible prophecy blogs like www.raptureready.com quite a bit and the news and it seems to me that something big and terrible is upon the horizon.  At least once a week for the past couple of years there has been A MAJOR earthquake somewhere in the world. Living in Southern California as I do, I can't help but think that our turn may be next. Why should we escape God's judgement when my state has championed so many things abhorrent to God? But I digress...

Like many of you I have a pet. A rescue dog named Buddy who I love dearly. If the Rapture were to occur this September (the 27th or 28th) he will be trapped in our house with no one to care for him. I couldn't bear that! I love this little creature so much!

Well I read a news article about a year ago about several organizations created by pet-loving atheists who have offered (for a fee) to hook your pet up with a loving atheist in the event of the Rapture. Now I ask each of you...if you believe in a pre-tribulation rapture...how seriously do you take your belief? Enough to risk looking like a fool and contacting one of these agencies to find someone to take care of your pet should your entire immediate family disappear without warning? Enough to ask a good neighbor to do the same thing? I'm actually looking into the cost of this right now and if it's prohibitive, I think I will write a letter to my neighbor, enclose a check and a house key, seal it up and tell her to only open it if one day millions of people suddenly disappear (including us). My husband does not believe in a pre-trib rapture but I don't think that matters to God...I'll just be telling him I told you so! on the way up.

I'm putting my money and preparations where my mouth is. How about you? Have you made any kind of preparations for your pet? If so, what? If not and you believe in a pre-trib rapture, why not?

Below are some actual links I got after a Google search on the internet for pet care services.


  1. After The Rapture Pet Care | If The Rapture Happened Right Now ...

    www.aftertherapturepetcare.com/Cached - SimilarShare
    Shared on Google+. View the post.
    A couple weeks later Carol came back and suggested we start After The Rapture Pet Care together. She said she had asked several Christian friends the same ...
  2. Eternal Earth-Bound Pets

    eternal-earthbound-pets.com/Cached - SimilarShare
    Shared on Google+. View the post.
    The next best thing to pet salvation in a Post Rapture World ... ability and desire to rescue your pet and the means to ensure their care for your pet's natural life.
  3. Post Rapture Pet Care :: Care for your pets after you're gone

    www.postrapturepetcare.com/Cached - SimilarShare
    Shared on Google+. View the post.
    Post Rapture Pet Care are a collective of confirmed atheists offering a unique service caring for pets after the second coming of Christ.

6 comments:

  1. I have never thought about this, WoW, I will have to give this much thought. Thanks for your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gift for you from the wilderness of cyberspace Rev 12:6... Truth: There will be no rapture. http://thegoodtale.wordpress.com/2011/07/21/the-rapture/ Satan has deceived the whole world Rev 12:9. Not one child of God will be put in a hell fire no matter what their sins. It never entered the heart or mind of God to ever do such a thing Jer 7:31, Jer 19:5 and this is proven by the word of God at http://minigoodtale.wordpress.com. Prophecy is fulfilled, Rev 12:5, 13 the true word John 1:1 of God is delivered to the world as a witness and soon the end of this world as we know it will come. Prove all things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Val but Jesus spoke of hell frequently and cited salvation from it as the reason for His death. Otherwise why would he have to die to save us from our sins? You misquote the Bible out of context.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've told my husband more than once. If you hear a trumpet...grab the dog! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with your husband in that I don't hold to the pre-trib. However, I will posit a thought, should the pre-trib rapture happen and peoples pets get left with the unsaved, the tribulation will be so great the question arises, "What would the likelihood be that they will not care for the animals but may in fact eat them?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete