Tolerating the Intolerable


I had an interesting conversation with a person on Facebook yesterday about the Chick-fil-A firestorm. The person asked me if I agreed with their position on gay marriage and when I said that I also support traditional marriage and don't want it redefined into something else, this was her response:
"...well my children woke me up to life....as young adults in junior high school they were so tolorant of all their friends ..black white gay straight ....and i felt so proud of them in their beliefs...like so what....they are still human God created all of us no matter what..and don't get me wrong I was right there with them growing up...so what...i love all people regardless..i think it was the way i was raised...."
What does treating individuals with respect have to do with tolerating the assault on our Christian values?


“Tolerance” tol·er·ance (noun)

1.   A fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward those whose opinions, practices, race, religion, nationality, etc., differ from one's own; freedom from bigotry.

2.   A fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward opinions and practices that differ from one's own.
3.   Interest in and concern for ideas, opinions, practices, etc., foreign to one's own; a liberal, undogmatic viewpoint.

Does this even begin to resemble how the radical left who claim to be the most “tolerant” people in this country behave? They demand that those of us who subscribe to orthodox Christian values abandon our deeply held beliefs and not just “tolerate” their behavior anymore, but approve of it or there will be hell to pay! It is no longer enough for them for us to “tolerate” their unbiblical behavior, now we are demanded to treat sexual immorality as a “virtue” and if we don’t we are threatened with boycotts, bodily harm and even death threats. That we are the ones branded as “intolerant” is laughable. That’s the kettle calling the porcelain teacup black. In the 1970s we were told it wasn’t any of our business what two consenting adults did in the privacy of their own bedrooms but now we see every kind of twisted aberrant behavior paraded out in public and on our television screens (“in our face”) and if we utter a peep of protest we are branded as haters and targeted for public destruction. You don’t see Christians targeting sexual deviants like this or singling them out for public execution!

Case in point: Chick Fil A’s CEO standing up for traditional marriage. Twenty years ago no one would have batted an eye; it would have been a “non story” but now that our own President has come out in favor of gay marriage this group feels emboldened to bully anyone and everything that doesn’t give their whole-hearted approval to what is a behavior condemned by God. The same thing happened the same week to a bakery owner in Colorado who has the right to refuse service to anyone and would not consent to make a wedding cake for a gay marriage. He is being inundated with hate mail and has stated that he may have to close his business rather than compromise on his religious beliefs.

It is Christians and Christianity that is no longer “tolerated” in our society and it is obvious that the day is fast approaching when the government might sanction the outright persecution of Christians because of their “intolerance” to immorality.



What’s down is up, what’s right is wrong, what’s black is white. The Old Testament has a warning for us in these last days that we should take very careful heed to: Isaiah 5:20
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. If that doesn’t accurately describe what is going on today in our world then I don’t know what does.

It is the God of the Bible we will all have to give an account to; He is the ultimate judge of our souls. Are we going to conform to the world and just “try to get along” or are we going to stand firm in our faith?

I refer to you this excellent post from one of my favorite Bible Prophecy blogs, Rapture Ready; read it if you dare!

http://www.raptureready.com/featured/graham/g242.html 

10 comments:

  1. AMEN! AMEN!! You have said so well what's been on my mind. In the name of tolerance, we as a nation stand ready to sacrifice one of our fundamental freedoms--the freedom to worship God as we choose. Soon Christians will be branded as haters and imprisoned for their beliefs. It's coming, silent majority. Don't bury your heads. Get on your knees and pray for this nation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Very well stated. As the enemy pushes forth with sin and corruption, we need to hold fast to the Lord and then stand and remain standing. More than ever before in history we need to be praying Christians, and we need to let our light shine brightly so that those who are looking can see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, Just because one likes to do what they do and see it right in their own eyes, does not mean we as Christian have to accept the sin. Yes, we love the person but hate the sin that goes against our fahters word. Simply trying to win them over that they to may have eternal life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is my favorite posting on the issues at hand today... the over-tolerance of anything that makes us "feel good". And our rapid broadcasting will only enhance this stand the radical left takes. I hate being called names because I believe. But then, I love my Jesus with my whole heart, and He has told us to expect this.. but that He will be with us through it all.

    The early martyrs in the church suffered the same. And for hundreds of years a lot of the sinful ways were covered up - it still went on, behind closed doors - in homes, churches, schools and businesses. So long as it was under the carpet, Christians refused to square off with it in prayer and conduct. A tiny piece of yeast can spoil the whole loaf, when that loaf is supposed to be dedicated to God.

    Sorry for the soapbox response. But it is heartfelt on my part. Having said this, I have relatives and people I love who are homosexual. I love them anyway. I do not condone their ways, but I love them. And I show them God's mercy in being loving to them. If the subject comes up I hold my ground. The problem, is so many churches are teaching that homosexuality wasn't "red lettered" in the Bible, so God has not condemned it. They even have a book entitled "What Jesus Says About Being Gay".. it is full of blank pages. This is hard to overcome, so I just place the burden in the hands of Jesus, pray for them and love them. I haven't been called into the ministry to combat this infection; I have been called to love.

    Hence, I stand with you and thank you. Good job♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been analyzing this situation and arrived at the same conclusion. Mankind is trying to elevate human love about obedience to God. Christians will be the fly in the ointment and must be marginalized to prevent the tower of Tolerance from being completed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Ron's comment about the statement, "Christians believe in God; they don't believe God." That is such a good point! I see "shades of Babel" in our society as we spiral downward to who knows where? Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wrote so e comments on my blog and then saw yours. From the huge crowds it tells me that many Americans believe in Christian values and pur right to say what we believe without being labeled as haters and unamerican.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanted to thank all of you who posted comments here and also for the stand who have taken against compromise. I truly appreciate all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agree with you but prefer to be put in a category of "Christian" not radical left or right. Christian is the most beautiful, important and descriptive name we can give anyone. Anything else is divisive and contradicts the whole message. Blessings, Norma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for speaking your mind, and I pray that we will always be able to do just that..
    Paula O
    (Ga chikfila fan)

    ReplyDelete