My Mom is in the Twilight of Her Life



I truly love my mom. She's 95 and is looking so very fragile.  She had me very late in her life (age 42) after losing three previous babies. I was 2.5 months premature (3lbs 2oz) in 1959 and it was a miracle I lived.

She has been so incredibly devoted and I especially remember when I was in the hospital for 30 days after two consecutive surgeries and she came every single day (commuting 50 miles) and sat by my bedside all day long. She has been a wonderful mom.

It makes me sad to see her so fragile and now she has lost her short-term memory.  I don't think she is much longer for this world and that is what really upsets me. You see my mom doesn't know the Lord. She is a nonreligious Jew and despite how many times I've tried to show her from our own scriptures how it is a very Jewish thing to believe in Jesus (Yeshua) as Messiah, but it just doesn't get through to her.  I pray for a miracle daily because I don't want my mom to go into eternity the way my dad did, lost without God.

So I'm making a special request. If you are reading this post, please pray for my mom and ask God for a miracle, her name is Ruth. No one else in my family believes. Thank you so very much!

5 comments:

  1. I am praying for your mom every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marlayne I have been and will continue to lift your mom up in prayer. We had a preacher speak at our church a couple of months back. His family was muslim. His father died a non-believer. He was finally able to get through to his mother and siblings. He and his brother are both preachers now. There is always hope for a miracle. Praying for one right now.
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful mom! Ruth is definitely on my prayer list! If it's any comfort, my father-in-law Wally didn't believe until the last week of his life when he was in the hospital and a pastor dropped by to visit with him. We had been praying for him for so many years and it was such a relief to know that he was going to be okay and home with the Lord!
    Consider her prayed for big-time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God has given her a long life, Read the scriptures to her when you are with her-you never know what will seep in with God's help and she will believe before her time is up. I am sure we all have someone we may be concerned about but all we can do is make them aware and let God pull it together...
    Paula O

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prayed for Ruth today and trust that God will protect her and reveal Himself to her. My father-in-law was on his deathbed when he was saved and then he was given 6 more years as a Christian. It was marvelous to see.
    God bless,
    Becky Howard

    ReplyDelete