I don't feel much like celebrating; more like mourning


This is the first 4th of July I feel like mourning for my country.


We now live under a government that feels it has the right to insert itself between our doctors and ourselves, tell us what kind of light bulbs we can use, where we can smoke, how much soda we can drink, won't enforce the laws on the books, won't uphold the constitution and is spending us into oblivion.

We let it get this way. We got too comfortable. If the Founding Fathers could see what our nation has become; how we have traded our freedoms for comfort and convenience I think they would drop to their knees and weep in frustration. They risked everything for freedom and we have basically traded it away for a bowl of "porridge".

When I think of the entire reason behind celebrating the 4th of July it almost seems ridicules now.  Great Britain has been our closest friend for over a hundred years; not an enemy we needed to be freed from.  If ever we were taxed without representation then it pales in comparison to what is going on now. Our congress turns a deaf ear to us and does whatever it wants.

America is standing on the precipice of it's own demise and it makes me incredibly sad to watch it. I feel like we are at the beginning of the end. The only hope we have left is for us to repent and to turn back to God; beginning with the church first. We have ceased being salt and light and allowed the darkness to spread.

God, please help us. Please grant us revival.
Your thoughts?



4 comments:

  1. I agree....and I could add tons more to your list, but I'll stop at I agree. America is a sin sick fallen nation with evildoers ruling the land and the majority of the church is snoozing away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray daily for God to send revival. Frankly I don't know what else to do. Wish I could do more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so without words right now. I totally agree with you and right now feels like more a time to weep before the Lord for what America has become!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marlayne, I agree with everything you have said. And, you said it so well. I, too, am sad. So many have fought and died for these Freedoms! And, they are being taken away one at a time. (But, pretty fast.) I just don't understand how so many think this is all okay, after all that is happening. They say this is how the other countries came under Dictatorship. By sitting by and just watching it happen for a lot of false promises! America has become so immoral, also. And, some of the things that are happening now is adding to it. I just pray GOD still thinks we are worth saving as a Nation. Definitely not what our fore fathers had in mind. It was all written plainly! GOd, please help AMERICA!

    ReplyDelete