The Gospel Hidden in The Old Testament - Amazing Stuff!

Every word, "jot and tittle" found in the Bible has been divinely placed there by God.  God has left both obvious and not-so-obvious messages in the Bible which confirms its' divine origin.  The information below can be found in "Cosmic Codes" by Dr. Chuck Missler (my favorite Bible-study teacher).  Here is just one of the little "jewel's" that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end the first time I ever read it! I just LOVE to share this with people.

A Hidden Message in the Genesis Geneaology
In Genesis Chapter 5 is the genealogy of Adam through Noah.  In our Bible, we read the Hebrew names but what do these names mean in English? The Bible gives the translation:

1) ADAM: Adam's name means man

2) SETH: Adam's son was named Seth, which means appointed. Eve said, "For God hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew."

3) ENOSH: Seth's son was called Enosh, which means mortal, frail, or miserable. It is from the root anash, to be incurable, used of a wound, grief, woe, sickness, or wickedness.
It was in the days of Enosh that men began to defile the name of the Living God.

4) KENAN: Enosh's son was named Kenan, which can mean sorrow, dirge, or elegy.

5) MAHALALEL: Kenan's son was Mahalalel, from Mahalal which means blessed or praise; and El, the name for God. Thus, Mahalalel means the Blessed God. Often Hebrew names include El, the name of God, as Dan-i-el, "God is my Judge", etc.

6) JARED: Mahalalel's son was named Jared, from the verb yaradh, meaning shall come down.

7) ENOCH: Jared's son was named Enoch, which means teaching, or commencement

8) METHUSELAH: Enoch was the father of Methuselah, who we have already mentioned. Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah. Apparently, Enoch received the prophecy of the Great Flood, and was told that as long as his son was alive, the judgment of the flood would be withheld. The year that Methuselah died, the flood came. The meaning of his name is His death shall bring

9) LAMECH: Methuselah's son was named Lamech, a root still evident today in our own English word, lament or lamentation. Lamech suggests despairing.

10) NOAH: Lamech, of course, is the father of Noah, which is derived from nacham, to bring relief or comfort, as Lamech himself explains in Genesis 5:29.

The Composite List - Now let's put it all together:
HebrewEnglish
AdamMan
SethAppointed
EnoshMortal
KenanSorrow;
MahalalelThe Blessed God
JaredShall come down
EnochTeaching
MethuselahHis death shall bring
LamechThe Despairing
NoahRest, or comfort.


That's rather remarkable: "Man (is) appointed mortal sorrow; (but) the Blessed God shall come down teaching (that) His death shall bring (the) despairing rest."

I highly recommend buying his book "Cosmic Codes".  It is a short but absolutely fascinating read!


Source: http://www.khouse.org/articles/1996/44/

4 comments:

  1. I knew some of the this, but you supplied a lot more. Thank you! I will put this book on my "wish list", also have yours on that list. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog regarding 9-11. My blog has a mind of its own. I pray before each post and so often what starts out to be my idea, changes drastically as I work on it. I am starting a rather long group of post next week on our 8 week trip around the Midwest/East Central part of the USA last Fall at just this time. I had just retired and my dream was to see every state, but since I retired a year early we did the abbreviated version. Should be a fun time of review as HE gave us such a delightful trip. This was a trip where two days out we cancelled our original plans and "went with our hearts". Please join me when you have time, Monday, Tues and Wednesdays starting next week. Blessings,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I just read is really something I never would have thought. in the catholic religion we were told not to read the bible only prayer books, but that all change. I was married and had children before I got my first bible,given to mre by a priest. I have learned so much from reading it but it was like I already knew a lot of what I just read. I believe God was telling me things in dreams, because when I read it , it was newto me. I knew it. This is really amazing what I just read about the codes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just.checking to see if you had anything new. Enjoyed reading yesterday

    ReplyDelete