I Waited Patiently for the Lord...

Depression. We all go through it; myself included. I'm struggling with it right now.  I've met so many people in the past few years through social networks who are undergoing physical, financial, emotional and spiritual distress that I find myself often wondering...where is God? It seems that things are getting worse for all of us out there and my heart hurts for those who are too far away for me to even hug and lend a shoulder to cry on.

I carry burdens for these people. Like my friend Bobbie in Ohio who feels completely isolated and with no one to turn to. I wish I could do so much more than pray. Telling her "I'll be praying for you" sounds so trite when what I really want is a magic wand so I could change her life for the better! 

I want to see the Lord answer my prayers! I want an angel to appear in her room and let her know that God see's; God cares...God loves her! That all the trials and suffering we endure in this life will ultimately conform us into the image of His Son who did, in fact, promise us tribulation in this world.

When all is bleak and dark; with no hope or an end in sight; do we turn our faces away from God or do we fall to our knees, bow our heads and say "not my will but thine be done"?  Is it not our triumphs, achievements, trophies and material gain that pleases God.  God spelled out clearly in His word the only thing that truly pleases Him: faith. Faith that believes like a trusting child. Faith that clings to the Father's hand when the storms of life rage all around us. Faith that believes...no matter what. Not in having a better life, not in accumulating things...but believing that God is GOOD; that He loves us and that no matter what we go through or how little we "feel" Him; that He really is there.

When all else fails...I choose to blindly trust; the only other choice is to despair entirely.  As Peter said in John 6:68: "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have words of eternal life."

We all know how the story ends...it is simply our job to trust Him and endure to the end.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful message Marlayne. Renewing our minds daily by remembering these words of truth will always help dismiss doubt. Nothing will ever separate us from the love of God in Jesus Christ! :) Thank you!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete