Going to a potluck soon?

Noodle Kuegel
Noodle Kuegel

This recipe comes from my mother and basically has all the food groups in one, yummy satisfying helping (protein, dairy, fruit, carbs)! If I had only one choice of food to eat for the rest of my life this would be it.
I often bring this dish to potlucks and even those who have never even heard of a kugel before love it! It can be eaten, hot, room temp or even cold but hot is best!  If you are bringing this dish to a potluck with a lot of people, I suggest doubling the ingredients.


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In 9"x9" glass baking dish pour 1 stick of melted butter into pan.
Put 8oz package of UNCOOKED medium egg noodles on top of butter.
In mixing bowl, combine the following: 3 eggs, 2 cups milk, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 8oz carton of small curd cottage cheese, and 1 12oz can of crushed pineapple with the juice. Blend well until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.  Pour over uncooked egg noodles. Top with cornflake crumbs and bake for 1 hour or until golden and bubbly.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE noodle kuegel! Thanks for sharing!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Marlayne,
    This recipe sounds deeeeeelicious. I am going to make it. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete